In honor of our first Test Kitchen candle, Champagne Bubbles, we pulled together some fun facts about sparkling wine.
- The pressure in a sparkling wine bottle reaches between 70 to 90 pounds per square inch. This pressure is why sparkling wine bottles are thicker than other types of wine.
- Don’t toss that unfinished bottle of bubbly. Add a bit of sugar to your glass before pouring the sparkling wine and watch it fizz back to life.
- Optimal storage conditions for sparkling wine are 50 to 55 degrees.
- One hundred seventy-seven feet is the longest recorded flight of a champagne cork.
- A 750 ml bottle of Champagne has approximately 49 million bubbles.
Now you have a few more fun tidbits to share with your friends as you pour a little bubbly at your next get together.